Together, we can create a brighter future for all students.
As parents, we all want the best for our children, including a quality education that sets them up for success.
Unfortunately, the education system is not always fair and equitable, with some children having more access to resources and opportunities than others. This affects everyone, as it limits our children's potential and can lead to negative outcomes like lower graduation rates and fewer career opportunities.
That's where CPLAN comes in.
CPLAN (Collaborative Parent Leadership Action Network) is an organization of parents, led by parents of color, who are working to create a more equitable education system. Founded in 2016 in Boston by a group of parents who wanted to make a change, CPLAN has grown to a statewide coalition of over1,000 educational stakeholders, including parents, educators, administrators, and policy makers. Our goal is to empower parents to become leaders in education advocacy and work towards creating policies and practices that are more equitable for all children.
Use the arrows to click through!
Interview with Brockton Superintendent
CPLAN Executive Director, Ivelisse Caraballo, interviews Brockton Superintendent, Michael Thomas, about creating a more equitable school culture and climate for all students to thrive.
- Multiple DatesSat, Sep 23Brockton Community and Family CenterSep 23, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMBrockton Community and Family Center, 20 Union St, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
- Multiple DatesTue, Sep 26Brockton Community and Family CenterSep 26, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PMBrockton Community and Family Center, 20 Union St, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
- Tue, Oct 03Virtual Event; In- Person TBDOct 03, 6:00 PM – Oct 24, 7:30 PMVirtual Event; In- Person TBD
- Thu, Oct 05Manthala George Global Studies SchoolOct 05, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMManthala George Global Studies School, 180 Colonel Bell Dr, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
- Tue, Nov 14Location is TBDNov 14, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMLocation is TBDNov 14, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMLocation is TBDThis workshop is a chance to learn about how some students face challenges that prevent them from doing and feeling well in school. We'll share the differences among student experiences to help us understand the problem. Together, we'll figure out ways to make things more fair to help all students s
- Tue, Nov 28Location is TBDNov 28, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMLocation is TBD
- Tue, Dec 05Location is TBDDec 05, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMLocation is TBD
What Our Members Say
"At my kids’ IEP meeting, I felt like I was on the same level as them for the first time and that’s because of CPLAN."