Select your language at the top of the page to translate content!
Tue, Mar 21|
Virtual Workshop Series
Reshaping Community Wellness: Learn about All Sessions
Session 1: Introduction to Mental Wellness Session 2: Beyond the Stigma Part 1 Session 3: Beyond the Stigma Part II Session 4: Emotional Intelligence Part 1 Session 5: Emotional Intelligence Part II Session 6: Understanding Mental Health Needs Session 7: Reimagining our World
Time & Location
Mar 21, 2023, 5:30 PM – May 09, 2023, 7:00 PM
Virtual Workshop Series
- Session 1 | Introduction to Mental Wellness: Trust and Community Building
- Session 2 | Beyond the Stigma: Breaking down myths about mental healthcare
- Session 3 | Beyond the Stigma, Part 2
- Session 4 | Emotional Intelligence Part 1: Increasing our knowledge about how to manage our own emotions and how we make others feel.
- Session 5 | Emotional Intelligence Part II
- Session 6 | Understanding Mental Health Needs and the resources available: Referral to Outside Resources: When should you encourage others to seek professional support?
- Session 7 | Reimagining our World: Shifting the way we think and feel about mental wellness within our homes and those around us.
Offered via Zoom in English, Español, Kreyòl.
The program meets virtually on Tuesdays from 5:30pm- 7:00pm for 7 weeks, beginning March 21st through May 9th.* Meeting dates: March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11, April 25, May 2, May 9
Although you are welcome to attend individual sessions, participants get the most out of the Reshaping Community Wellness Program when they commit to attending all 7 sessions.
Participants that successfully complete all sessions of the Reshaping Community Wellness curriculum will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of 3 prizes!
1st Place: $200 Visa gift card + 60 minute individual coaching session with Dr. Gayl Crump Swaby
2nd Place: $150 Visa gift card
3rd Place: $100 Visa gift card
To be considered for the raffle prize, you must attend all 7 sessions.
Visit our events page to view the full series.
*Note: We will not meet during April vacation.
Although this is a free event, open to all, we rely on donations and grant funding to carry out our mission of empowering parent leaders to work in partnership with community leaders, legislators, educators and school administrators to achieve equity in education. Your contributions invest in the educational experiences of all students by sponsoring training sessions, conferences and future events to support families. Help us amplify parent voices!Pay what you want